Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuesdays with Jennifer (not Morrie)

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my favorite days at the office as those are the days Jennifer comes into the office.  She always brigthens my day.

This past Tuesday, I had a major case of ADD.  I was trying to work on my 2010 Budget and kept getting distracted.  I had the attention span of a ... well, of a teenager.  So, during one of my "breaks" Jenn and I were chatting.  I was telling her about my Monday evening (post vicodin).  That I spent 3 1/2 hours glazing and sponging Addison's bathroom, did a load of laundry and then the dishes.  I finally got to sit down on the couch after all of this and of course I decided to check out what was going on in the land of FB.  Well, about that time, the hubby gets home from BSF.  His comment, "well, you're complaining about your vision being blurry - maybe if you weren't always on the computer ..."  WHAT?  He couldn't have walked in when I was wrist deep in glaze? separating the laundry? emptying the dishwasher?  Oh no!

Well, Jenn said that Tom (by the way, we have decided that Tom and Mitchell are long lost brothers - they are scary alike) has been making comments about her being on the computer so much lately too.  So, when she hears him coming in - she hits the "sleep" button on the computer and steps away.

By this time, I am in tears laughing so hard.  So, I had to confess my little secret.  Yes, I do like to sit on the couch when I get home around 4pm, watch Gilmore Girl re-runs and check out Facebook, Twitter, Ebay ... you know the basics.  But, about the time that I think Mitchell is about to come home -- I start a load of laundry, start making dinner, set the table, etc ... then it appears that I have been working so hard around the house the whole afternoon.  Hey, a wife has to do what a wife has to do.  He gets to live out his June Cleaver fantasy; dinner is almost always on the table when he walks in the door; and I get a little break.  It's a win / win.  Now, this is not always the case - there are afternoons filled with doctor's appts, errands, homework help, etc.

Don't judge us ... you know you have done the same thing (or at least something along these lines).  And, we wives do work hard - and deserve the occasional facebook break.

1 comment:

  1. OKay...I have several comments...
    1. I had no idea that your husband goes to BSF...I am a former "BSF-er"...my kids did the preschool and school aged program. I was a leader...my mom was a leader for 30 years...my entire family (brothers-sisters in law) have done it! Very cool!
    2. I can't speak for how much time YOU spend on facebook, etc. but - anyone that knows Jenn has heard the "Allie Stories" of permanent marker on the kitchen tile, "swimming" in the bathtub, all the drawers open in the entire house, etc. So - you will never be able to use the "occasional facebook break" line with me about her!! HAVE YOU SEEN HER FARM...HELLO!!! :)
    3. I think you are funny and creative!

    :)
    that's all for now! I'm thinking of starting a blog myself!!

    ReplyDelete