Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blogger Block ...

I have been updating my "fun" blog almost daily ... but I have only one post on this blog.  This fact has really been weighing on my mind.  I have been stressing over this.  Feeling really guilty.  I had all of these good (well, what I thought were good) ideas at the beginning and they seemed to have just vanished.

The more I thought about this - the more I believed this was blogger block alright, but by a different source.  It's my belief that the closer you are getting to God, the more you are talking to Him, listening to Him, glorifying Him ... the more the enemy wants to attack.  These attacks can be so sneaky ... little things-distractions, self doubt, tiredness, "ADD" of sorts.  I have been getting more and more invloved in charity events, ministries, functions, etc.  And I really love it.  So when the enemy saw this --- that's when the doubt came in to play ... can you pull all of this off?  are you over-committed?  aren't you going to be tired and stressed trying to get all of the stuff done?

Well, I am not going to let any of those "doubts" control my life now or ever.  I am fully re-committing myself to my current undertakings:  * Zone Leader @ Church (BTBF) * Helping Susan with the E Plano Food Bank (she does 99% of the work and all of the planning) * Partnering with The Family Place by promoting The Partner's Card Event as much as possible, and * Chairing the Silent Auction Committee (and continually praying for committee members -- HINT HINT) for the Tender Hearts Luncheon, benefitting Need Him Ministries.

I would ask that if you are reading this, please take a moment to say a prayer of encouragement for me to have joy while serving!

3 comments:

  1. I typed a whole "comment" and then it wouldn't let me post...but - cause I liked this post so much...I'm going to try again!

    I totally agree that the enemy is NOT pleased when we step out to serve others and our Savior. I will certainly pray for you to find JOY in your service to others and Him. Also - I'll pray for you to continue to have wisdom of when to say "yes" and when to say "no"!
    thanks for using your gifts and talents...and for serving so faithfully.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yes, the saying NO part is sometimes the hardest thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilt is way overrated! I waste too much time on it myself. You are amazing - working full time, being a mom and a wife and doing all these things. Kudos! And a huge thanks for your faithfulness to these causes. :) Susan

    ReplyDelete