Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blockbuster (a.k.a. HELL?)

Ok.  By now everyone has probably heard about or read about the Blockbuster employee that stabbed himself in the leg to get out of working the late shift.

We've all had days where we've just not felt like going into work.  We're stressed.  We're tired.  We just want a break; however, I have never even thought about stabbing myself to get out of work!  That is just a tad extreme.  If I want a day off from work I want to hang out on the couch in my jammies, go to the movies, read, knit, play on Facebook ... not hang out in the hospital after stabbing myself.

How bad can it be working at Blockbuster?  Really, is this a such a high stress job?  Humm, "is this a new release or a regular movie?"  "does c come before d?"  "do you want the overpriced popcorn or overpriced coke?"

I just don't see this as the worse job in the world.  Boring, okay, I'll give you that.  But, it is a job.  Something tells me that this "former" employee will have a hard time getting another job ... after he heals and faces charges for filing a false police report.  No new releases for you!

1 comment: