Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 5 and Bad News

So, my good day yesterday turned into a not so good night (pain, couldn't sleep, and an emergency tenant call around midnight) and a pretty crappy day today.  I didn't feel well at all today, couldn't get out and take Addison to school (Mitchell had to be on carpool duty).  Slept until after 11:30am.  I was able to shower, brush my teeth and change into clean clothes today.  YAY.  I was only able to get about an hour of work done.  Then I got hungry and I kept thinking of the left over mash potatoes in the fridge (thanks to Jenn) ... so off I hobble to get those.  I grab the container on top, start to lose my balance, the container slipped out of my hand and SPLAT -- gravy went all over the floor.  Yuck.  Of course I couldn't clean it up, so I managed to put paper towels over the spill and leave it for Mitchell to clean up later, which he really appreciated.  With all this going on, my foot really just hurt all day ... felt like the splint was rubbing against the incision.

So Mitchell took me over to the doctor's office for them to re-do my splint and rewrap everything.  Boy was that a trip.  And I'm sure I looked really sexy in a black tank top (covered with dog hair thanks to my constant companion, Gracie) , pink pj pants, one sandal (was going to wear a tennis shoe, but while trying to get a pair of socks from my drawer I lost my balance and fell down in the bedroom - I'm sure it quite a sight), a baseball hat, my glasses and of course, no make-up.  But I digress.  At the doctor's office they told me that I needed to cancel my Monday appt (which was when I was suppose to go back and have the splint removed) and instead come back in NEXT Friday.  WAH.  That is another week and a half!  I did get some information on one of those wheel abouts.  So I will be calling around tomorrow to see about renting one, it couldn't be harder than the crutches.

Bye for now, signing off from the couch.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry that you had a poopy day. Praying for a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are recuperating from something not so fun. :( Hope tomorrow is better. I wanted to stop by and say thanks for entering my Giveaway. Hope you'll stop by again sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me and coming for a visit! I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all. I believe I am now addicted to reading blogs. It's how I end everyday. Going to all the blogs that I follow and learning about some great new blogs along the way!

    ReplyDelete