Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Switching Radio Stations

(remember-this is from a few wks ago - from a note that I jotted down on my phone)
===================================================
As I stated in my blog "profile" - I listen to 94.9 KLTY on the way into the office each morning to listen to praise music and get ready for the day.  My alone time with God in the mornings.

I can just be jamming along to the music and then a commercial comes on and if I don't feel like listening to it - I just push another pre-set button and change stations.

This made me think, so often people treat churches, religions, morals, spouses and beliefs like radio stations.  They disagree with something the church pastor says ... they just pick up and move on to the next church.  They don't like the way that their lifestyle isn't matching up with their religion (the Bible) ... they just move on to the next "religion" where everything goes as they interpret the Bible in many ways, whichever fits the situation they are in.  As Oprah states, there's just not one way to get to what people call Heavan - there are many different ways (oh boy Oprah, won't you have the shock of your life when the end times come?).  She is so influential it's scary.  "check out the Church of Oprah"

Morals?  What are those these days?  Everything goes.  As long as you are happy - that's all that matters.  Worship a cow, a tree, 14 gods.  No matter.  Same thing with spouses, don't like this one, that's okay - divorces are so common, no one even thinks twice about them these days.  Divorce one and move on to the next, the one that you think will be better than the last.  The one that will fulfill your every need.  Yikes, you will set yourself up for disappointment every time.  When Mitchell and I were just dating I admit it, I was head over heels for him, adored him, idolized him.  I can remember him sitting me down and saying that Jesus should be the first and most important man in my life - not him.  He was right.

This world has become a throw-away world.  People don't hold on to their beliefs.  They think that the "grass is always greener on the other side."  Wow.  My heart just breaks for these people.  I want to stand up and shout - STOP.  WAIT.  LISTEN.  LEARN.  BELIEVE - before it is too late!  There is only one way to Heaven.  There is only one way to experience Joy ... Jesus.

John 14:6 (New International Version)



Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!!! I'm going to share it on my FB page. - Jenn

    ReplyDelete