Monday, March 22, 2010

Stress = FOOD = BLAH

Why is it that when some people are stressed they lose weight?  You hear them comment, "oh, I just can't eat."  What?!?  I'm sorry, my mind just does not comprehend that concept.  How is that?  How does that happen, that you can't eat?  I can just type the word STRESS and gain 5 pounds.  Oops, there it goes -- better not try to wear those jeans tomorrow.

And speaking of jeans.  That's ALL I can wear with this stupid boot on my foot / ankle.  Oh, I take that back, I can wear sweats.  YAY!  Yes, I have been feeling so sexy and femine lately while walking around with my Herman Munster foot!  Stress Factor #1.

I have been in such a whirlwind lately that half the time I'm not sure what day of the week it is (but, believe me, I do know that today is Monday).  It seems to just be one thing after another.  Work is absolutely insane with no hopeful outlook that it will calm down anytime too soon.  Stress Factor #2.

Then there's the tax prep that I have to get done and to our CPA so that we can estimate the amount of blood loss necessary to file an extension, to lose even more in October.  Stress Factor #3.  Yes, I am so happy with our government, can't you tell?  What else would you like from us? arm? leg? first born? 

There is paperwork all over my house.  Seriously, I am drowning in paper!  Stress Factor #4.  Many, many trees have died in order to clutter my house.  But of course, the clutter is not due only to the paper ... it's everything ... cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping all needs to be done.  Oh, yes, that's Stress Factor #5.

So, you ask, how do you handle all of this?  Well, I wish I could be one of those "I just can't possibly eat" girls ... but, nope I become the human Hoover!  Why is that? Why? Why? Why?  When I got up this morning I told myself that today was going to be the turn around day.  I was not going to pig out.  I had my morning conversation with God on the way into the office and was staying strong.  I believe my stress level rises upon entering my office building.  Humm, is that medically possible?  So, how did I do today?

Breakfast?  Somehow this morning, my fried pie (apricot, yumm) that I bought on the way home from Oklahoma on Saturday had made it's way into my purse.  So I had that and a cup of coffee.  Followed shortly by a Diet Pepsi (yes, I am off the caffiene wagon).  Lunch?  I had not planned on eating; however, by this time I was shaking like a leaf from the huge amount of sugar and caffiene that I had consumed earlier.  So, after rummaging in the breakroom, Peanut Butter crackers became my lunch.  I was still shaky, so I decided to have oatmeal ... not too bad.

Run, run, run.  Meeting, meeting, meeting.  Then off to Physical Therapy.  I was actually nauseous after that ... not sure if it was from the pain in my ankle or from the crap I had eaten earlier.  Picked Addison up from school to start our Mommy / Daughter Monday.  Addison suggested Chili's for dinner and I was too tired to argue.  So there was a healthy dinner of a cheeseburger and fries (well, half - I bought half home).

As I get home, and walk by the sink full of dirty dishes, Mitchell is calling me to ask if I'm working on the taxes.  Yes, it's on the list.  I put the dog out and all of the dogs start barking and barking and barking.  Great.  I try to get on Farmville - and it's down!  WAH!  So, what do I do?  Pile all of the paperwork on the couch and grab a spoonful of peanut butter and nutella. 

Way to stay strong today Chasity ...

1 comment:

  1. GIRL..you are ME!! Although, I usuallly eat my nutella on a piece of french bread! :)

    Seriously - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete