Friday, April 8, 2011

My "coupon" Shopping Day

So I decided today to get all of my "coupon" shopping done.  I sat down last night and made my shopping list for each store and "relocated" my coupons to the appropriate store sections of my binder ... yes, I am that person. 

A recap of my day (and why it pays to coupon):

CVS:  Listerine Mouthwash x2, Betty Crocker Brownie Mix x3, Oral B Toothbrush x2 and a Gold Bond Body Wash ... after card savings ($12.58) and coupons ($10) = $8.66; then deduct the register rewards to use next time, $4.98 = Net Cost:  $3.68!  Not bad, huh?

Tom Thumb:  Milano Cookies x2 don't judge me!, Langer's Juice x2, Kettle Chips x4 see comment after Milano Cookies!, Jello Temptations, Sargento Cheese, Eggs, Power Bar x4, French Bread, English Muffins, Bacon ... after card savings ($21.65) and coupons ($8.20) = $27.52


Target:  Various Easter Stuff x10 can't say what exactly, on the off chance that any of the children might actually read my blog!, the new beverage enhancer can't think of the name of it and I refuse to move from the couch to go check!, Degree Deodorant, Allegra (30), Trident Gum x2 ... after store savings and coupons ($13.06) = $30.78

Walgreens:  Kellogg's Cereal x2, Purex Laundry Detergent x2, Duracell Batteries (4 pk), Gillette Fusion Razor, Aleve (50 ct), Wonka Chocolate Bar x2 again, sshh!, after store savings and coupons ($36.60) = $16.99 then deduct the register rewards to use next time, $4.00 = Net Cost: $12.99


Total Shopping Trip:  $75 ... a total savings of over $110.  Woo hoo!  Makes me not feel so guilty buying my expensive "foodie" ingredients!

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment