Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Help


I just finished this book last night.  It was one of those books that you don't want to finish because then, it's over.  I loved this book.  It's probably one of the best books that I have ever read.  Amazing that this was Kathryn Stockett's first book.  If you are reading this, take the time to read all the way to the very last page, after the acknowledment page.  Very interesting.  I'm hoping this will be one of my daughter's summer reads.

It's so hard to imagine having someone tend to your every need - for your home, for your children, for your food, etc.  (Hey, wait a minute, I think I have just described my role in the house).  I guess this still goes on in today's time to some extent.  For instance, I am one of the few people that I know that doesn't have a housekeeper.  At times I think it would be nice to have someone helping out in the house, then again, I don't trust anyone with my laundry.  Because really, can anyone do laundry as well as me?  I think not.

I try to remind myself to be thankful that I am able bodied enough to keep up with my house.  With that being said, PLEASE do not look under the couches as you may encounter a dust bunny the size of a small cat.  My latest excuse, I did have foot surgery about a month ago and am STILL in the dreaded boot.  I also try to remind myself how incredibly blessed I am that I have a nice home, I have a family and that I am able to enjoy it all without worry.

Next on the book list ... 

Review to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment