Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Priorities

I was really convicted today about priorities ... here's the back story.

I have been struggling for a while with STRESS and trying to really find my calling ... wow, what a long, hard road that has been for at least the past year.  I have been so stressed lately that it has effected everything in my life - my private time with God, my family, my sleep, my work (even though that's what is causing the stress!), my memory, my organization and as it finally dawned on me Sunday and then again yesterday - my relationships with dear friends.

I have been so caught up with work (and so stressed out due to work) that I have only thought of myself lately.  The stress has led to selfishness!  In my mind it has been ME, ME, ME.  I have not been Holy to the Lord by any means.

On Sunday, between church services, I pulled out my prayer journal and what do I see?  Well, for one, a long lapse from the last time I wrote and my notes from the last meeting with my prayer group ... um, it dawned on me then that I had dropped the ball in two ways with one of my prayer partners.  Not only had I not being praying for what was discussed, but I didn't follow up with her about how the doctor's appointment had gone with her son.  I felt awful!

Then comes yesterday, I'm having my own little crisis and of course Facebooked it and had a great outpouring of support and prayers.  Monday went by as a blur - then when I checked email this morning - there it was.  One from my other prayer partner who had told me that her company was having a big meeting on Monday ... and she shared with me the results of that meeting, which weren't great.  There I was again ... hadn't spent time praying for her and hadn't followed up with her.  UGH.  Bad friend!

I kept thinking about these two things today and realized that my calendar is filled with "stuff" - meetings, appointments, deadlines, etc. ... everything except the really important dates that should read, "Check with XXX regarding her son's doctor's appointment."  and "Check with XXX regarding her meeting."

I have started working through some of my stress (with the help of prayer) and taking new steps - and just by doing that ... I seem to feel better, be able to breathe a bit more.  Now the next step ... keep my priorities in check.

Thank you God for smacking me over the head with this - three days in a row!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment