Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Holy To The Lord

So, tonight I'm at bible study ... we're doing Beth Moore's "Here and Now ... There and Then" series on Revelation.  WOW.  It's just awesome.  I'm a mad woman scribbling notes all over my booklet and underlining key words in my bible.  There's just so much to learn, so much that's interesting, so much that's WOW ... well, something struck me tonight like a ton of bricks.

We're talking about how everyone will be marked - with either the mark of the Lord or of the Beast (although these are not visible in the human realm, God has no problem seeing them).  Well, back in the day ... think about the times of Aaron and the priests, back to Exodus.  Stay with me - I do have a point.

Exodus 28:35-37
35 Aaron must wear it when he ministers. The sound of the bells will be heard when he enters the Holy Place before the LORD and when he comes out, so that he will not die. 36 “Make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it as on a seal: HOLY TO THE LORD. 37 Fasten a blue cord to it to attach it to the turban; it is to be on the front of the turban.

So, here were Aaron and the priests wearing these turbans and the first thing people saw as they looked at them was HOLY TO THE LORD (even if they were not acting that way).  Yikies!  As Beth put it, wouldn't you love this to be the case today for when your 16 year old daughter goes out on a date (well, not mine because she's not allowed to date until she's 30).

So, I started thinking.  For those that know me and see me often - you know that I wear some type of cross necklace everyday (everything from a simple gold one all the way to the blinged out ones) - just love them.  I always considered this MY thing, MY signature.  Well, after tonight I have a totally different view.  I need to look down at my cross everyday and realize that it's the LORD's thing, the LORD's signature.  I need to imagine that the cross yells out HOLY TO THE LORD.

Will I always act this way?  Uh, no.  I'm realistic.  But, I will do my best to remember each and every day that I am marked with the seal of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment