Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cornbread Casserole

I have been really trying to make an effort to make new meals ... I get so tired of having the same things over and over.  I follow quite a few Food Blogs to get inspired and to steal recipes of course!

Recently I made a Cornbread Casserole thanks to the recipe I found on Hon, what's for dinner?  I read through the recipe on the blog and knew I HAD to make it.  I'm so glad I did - it was SO YUMMY.


Recipe notes/deviations:

* I used hamburger meat (you could use turkey);
* I didn't have a can of green chilis - so I used part of a can of Rotel;
* I didn't quite have enough cornbread mix to cover the entire top of the casserole (as you can see above), I just used what I had left after coating the bottom of the dish.  Next time I will make up 2 boxes of cornbread mix (I always use Jiffy).

And there WILL be a next time ... this dish was great the first night I made it and still great heated up for left overs.  Thanks Sienna!


No comments:

Post a Comment