Monday, November 15, 2010

The BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup EVER



The BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup EVER

I cannot take credit for this recipe, it is from my dear cousin Jana.  We had it at her house one weekend and fell in love with it, especially my daughter, I thought she was going to make herself sick eating it!  So of course I had to get the recipe.


What a perfect occasion to use my new Sur La Table cast enamel pot (7 qt maroon) - GORGEOUS!  And it cooked like a dream - heavy!  but totally cool.

Here are all of my canned ingredients lined up, ready to go into the pot.

 I "cheated" and used store bought roasted chickens (two of them since we like a lot of chicken in the soup).

This was the chicken after it had been defiled.  It's a messy job, but well worth it. 

Here is the finished product cooking on the stove.  YUMM. 

And, as you can see, it was a hit with the family.  Every drop of the left overs were eaten!

Here's the recipe ... try it out this week, I guarantee that you will love it!

2 Roasted Chickens, remove skin and shred chicken by hand
2 Lrg Cartons Chicken Stock or Broth

2 cans Green Enchilada Sauce
2 cans diced Green Chillis
1 can of Rotel
1 can sliced carrots
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream style corn
1/2 can of whole kernal corn

Combine all canned ingredients and broth in a large stock pot on the stove, then whisk in the soups.  When it has heated up, add the cooked chicken.  Continue to cook until everything is mixed well and very warm.

Serve warm, with crushed tortilla chips on top along with cheese and sour cream if you so desire.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I just bookmarked this post, because I have been looking for a great chicken soup recipe.

    Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I want to thank you personally for visiting so many of the posts that were linked up last week, and of course for letting them know that you found them at the Wednesday Window too.


    I would also like to invite you to this week’s The Wednesday Window . It is the place to feature your favorite blog post of the past week or so, for more details check out Frugality Is Free. Don't forget that you can enter into the drawing for next week's feature by tweeting or blogging about the Wednesday Window, or by including the button in your sidebar or in your post.

    ReplyDelete